Friday, August 26, 2016

Guest Post Turning the Page by Andrew Grey


Title: Turning the Page  
Author: Andrew Grey
Series: Standalone
Genre:  M/M Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Release Date: Aug 19 2016
Edition/Formats Available In: eBook & Print
Blurb/Synopsis:
Malcolm Webber is still grieving the loss of his partner of twenty years to cancer. He’s buried his mind and feelings in his legal work and isn’t looking for another relationship. He isn’t expecting to feel such a strong attraction when he meets Hans Erickson—especially since the man is quite a bit younger than him.
Hans is an adventure writer with an exciting lifestyle to match. When he needs a tax attorney to straighten out an error with the IRS, he ends up on the other side of the handsome Malcolm’s desk. The heat between them is undeniable, but business has to come first. When it’s concluded, Hans leaps on the chance to make his move.

Malcolm isn’t sure he’s ready for the next chapter in his life. Hans is so young and active that Malcolm worries he won’t be able to hold his interest for long. Just when he’s convinced himself to take the risk and turn the page, problems at the law office threaten to end their love story before it can really begin.

So, if you're an author, and you use a pen name, why? Is it to hide who you really are, to break into a genre only (usually) written by a certain gender, or is it something simpler like a state of separation?

Inquiring minds are dying to know.

I use a pen name for privacy reasons, not to hide who I am.  I am a guy and I have a male pen name or names, since I write under more than one.  The pen name is for privacy reasons.  When I began writing I had a full time job and I needed away to separate the two sections of my life and a pen name seemed to be the easiest.  That way I could write what I wanted and I could continue my professional career outside.
Privacy is also a concern.  With the internet so many things are an open book.  I wanted to try to keep my private life private.  Frankly at the time I was thinking that haters would track me down to my home.  Those fears have eased greatly and to a large extent the pen names I use are for mostly for branding purposes.


Giveaway

Andrew grew up in western Michigan with a father who loved to tell stories and a mother who loved to read them. Since then he has lived throughout the country and traveled throughout the world. He has a master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and works in information systems for a large corporation.
Andrew’s hobbies include collecting antiques, gardening, and leaving his dirty dishes anywhere but in the sink (particularly when writing)  He considers himself blessed with an accepting family, fantastic friends, and the world’s most supportive and loving partner. Andrew currently lives in beautiful, historic Carlisle, Pennsylvania.
Author Links
Facebook Group All the Way with Andrew Grey
Book Links

For Other Works by Andrew Grey
(Please Be Sure To Stop by His Website to See All of His Works)


No comments:

Post a Comment