Monday, December 28, 2015

Interview Round and Round by Andrew Grey


Title: Round & Round  
Author: Andrew Grey
Series: Bronco Boy’s #4 and Final
Genre:  M/M Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Release Date: Dec 14 2015
Edition/Formats Available In: eBook & Print
Blurb/Synopsis:
When it comes to love, Kevin Foster can’t seem to win. Some consider him a hero, but dousing an arsonist’s attempt to burn Bronco’s to the ground puts Kevin on the vengeful criminal’s radar. Afterward, the arsonist fixates on Kevin, determined to burn away every part of Kevin’s life.
Coming to Kevin’s rescue more than once, and in more ways than one, is “MacDreamy Hotness”—firefighter Angus MacTavish. Not only is Angus smitten at first sight, he learns Kevin’s nickname for him, intriguing him further.

When Angus discovers Kevin is the arsonist’s target, he takes it upon himself to protect him at any cost. Soon Kevin works his way into a heart Angus thought he’d closed off for good. Things heat up between them, but the arsonist has no intention of letting Kevin finally find happiness. Hopefully Angus and Kevin can stop him before he reduces everything Kevin values to ash—including the love igniting between him and Angus. 

I am pleased to have Andrew Grey the author of Round and Round with me today.

Please tell us a little bit about yourself. Where do you live, etc.? When did you start writing?  

I started writing in 2007 and I was half finished with my first story before I told anyone what I was doing.  I wanted to make sure I could actually finish it.  I did and my partner and family have been very supportive. I live in Carlisle PA and love it here.  There are interesting people who are supportive and feel my muse on a constant basis.

Tell us a little about the book and where did you get the idea to write this story.  
Round and Round is the fourth Bronco’s Boys story.  When I wrote Inside Out, I introduced Zach and his three friends.  This story is Kevin’s, the last of the friends to find his love.

Who was your first author crush and why? 
I have to say that I really want to meet Ken Follett.  I know I’d go fanboy all over him if I did.  His stories are so rich and amazingly fun with plenty of action, drama, and even heat.

What advice would you give to aspiring writers?  
Start writing what you know and what you like to read.  Don’t worry if it will sell.  You have to write from the heart.  If you do that will show in the writing.

Are you panster (write by the seat of your pants) or plotter? How do you write?  
I am definitely a panster.  I start at the beginning of the story and write until the end.  That’s how I have written all my stories.  Sometimes I’m surprised where the story takes me.

Have any of your titles ever been changed from your original choice?  
All the time.  I often have a working title and then settle on a final once the story is done.  Round and Round is an exception.  I knew the title from the start.

Do you write full time or work outside of the home?  
I currently write full time, but up until a few years ago I worked full time and wrote in the evenings and on weekends.  It was a balancing act and required me to give up a lot.  I’m much happier now.

A lot of people think that genre hopping isn’t a good idea. What do you think?
I think that variety is the spice of life.  As a writer if you always write in a narrow box, you become stale and burn out.  We have to stretch our wings and stoke the creative juices.  I love to do that through different types of stories.

Are you an outgoing person? Are you a morning or night person?  
I do half my day’s work before 11 in the morning.  I get up early, by 6:30 and get to work.  Dominic still goes to work, so I try to stay on his schedule.

Do you use Beta or Post readers?  
Yes. I have beta readers that I trust very much.  They do a great job and give honest opinions.  That’s what matters most.  If something doesn’t work, I want to know.  Blowing smoke and telling me what you think I want to know, isn’t going to help me.




Giveaway





Andrew grew up in western Michigan with a father who loved to tell stories and a mother who loved to read them. Since then he has lived throughout the country and traveled throughout the world. He has a master’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and works in information systems for a large corporation.
Andrew’s hobbies include collecting antiques, gardening, and leaving his dirty dishes anywhere but in the sink (particularly when writing)  He considers himself blessed with an accepting family, fantastic friends, and the world’s most supportive and loving partner. Andrew currently lives in beautiful, historic Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

Author Links
Facebook Group All the Way with Andrew Grey
Book Links

For Other Works by Andrew Grey
(Please Be Sure To Stop by His Website to See All of His Works)
The ones listed below is for the Bronco Boy’s Only





No comments:

Post a Comment