Thursday, December 1, 2016

Interview Darling Dark by Natalie Bennett


Title: Darling Dark
Author: Natalie Bennett
Series: Infernal Regions Book 1
Genre: Dark Fantasy Paranormal
Release Date: Nov 25 2016
Edition/Formats: 1st Edition ~ eBook & Print
Blurb/Synopsis:
It started with a cruel twist of fate.
Trapped in a dark world inhabited by savages and ruled by the corrupted––Duvessa finds herself bound to a tyrant. Day in and day out she bears witness to just how cold and vicious her husband-to-be truly is His iron fist rule strikes fear in the masses.
Reyes is ruthless and volatile –he incites both fear and inexplicable passion among those in his wake. Just as her feelings for the seductively cruel Reyes begin to grow, she learns nothing is as it appears to be. With already so much to fear, could there be something darker, more sinister lying in wait? Will Reyes dark secrets tear them apart?
****CONTENT WARNING****
A raw, dark, suspenseful story. Full of sex, lies, possessive males, and strong heroines. Contains explicit content that may not be suitable for all readers, if dark undertones and material bother you, please do not purchase.

Interview

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I took the OAT test in school and wrote a story about a farmer and his dog. That was when I realized it's something I wanted to do.
How long did it take you to write Darling Dark?
The first time I wrote Darling Dark it took me six months, then I hated it and deleted the whole thing. The second time it took me two, and I loved it.
What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
When I re-write, I print out the whole document first. It helps me to see the words away from the computer screen. I wouldn't say I have a schedule exactly, though I do like to take a day or two away and come back at it with fresh eyes.  
What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
Rereading, I have to stop myself from going back or I'll end up spending hours on starting to cut words and edit instead of finishing the book.
Where do you get your information or ideas for Darling Dark?
Darling Dark existed in my head years before I wrote it. I knew the characters and what they looked like already. My idea's, I would like to say are mostly pulled from my imagination. I like to put my own twist on things and make it unique. However, I do use pinterest for building story boards.
What do you like to do when you're not writing?
When I'm not writing I'm always spending time with my family.
What does your family think of your writing?
My family is very supportive of my writing. Not all of them read it because the type of book it is, but they're all encouraging.
What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your book Darling Dark?
When I first started writing Darling Dark, I wasn't sure where I was going to take it. One of the surprising things to me about this story was how easily it came to me. 



Natalie was born and raised in Canton, Ohio. She grew up with 3 brothers, a love for animals, and an even bigger love for books. She now lives in Florida, with her husband, their boys and a pit-bull named Lulu who thinks she's a lapdog.
Sarcastic- sometimes a tad vulgar, wife, mother, and always willing to be a friend. She knew she wanted to be a writer ever since taking the writing portion of the OAT test in elementary school. Steven Pressfield's-War of Art, and Teresa Deny's-The Silver Devil, played a big role in her start to writing. Natalie loves all dark reads. Everything from romantic suspense, to erotic horror.
Her own stories tend to push the boundaries of what is deemed acceptable. She writes things not everyone will find appealing or care for, and that's okay with her because not everyone likes the same things. Her debut book is Darling Dark, it is the first book in her Infernal Regions series.
When she's not writing or procrastinating, she spends her time with her family


No comments:

Post a Comment